• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super singles for M139? How?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the 1400s use 12" rims. the nomal rims are 11", the studs and spacers were also used on the m812 and the m821, these were the 800 series bridge trucks, the both ran 1400s, the offset is the same

m139h2otruck

Truck Wheels

My question was how wide are the "normal" 5 ton wheels for 1100 and 1200 tires used on the cargo, dump and tractor trucks. The bridge trucks we have are 10x20 as marked on the rims made by Firestone with a very deep offset. The 800 series may use different wheels, I don't know. Looking to stay with 10" wide rims, just need a different offset (less than the bridge truck wheels), as we may upgrade to 1600x20 tires from the quy out in WI. He has nearly new take-offs (radials) for very good prices. He told me that the 1600x20 tires were made for 10" rims and said that I would have no problems mounting them on the current wheels, just would need tubes for the split rims.

Still not sure about the lug/stud nut question.

im not positive on this but it sure seems that the stock 5 ton rims are to narrow for the 16's. as far as your lug/stud question i wonder if you could just use the same type and size lug nut as the front uses. like the 2 1/2 ton guys do when they single out there wheels.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All my 5-ton military wheels made for the 14.00-20's are 10" wide. They are the "combat wheel" later tubeless type like used on the 900-series.

dg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks