• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Super Singles

ryan

I am looking to put 14:00x20's on one of my m54's what would be an average price to pay for wheels? Do they mount tubeless? Or do I need to find tubes and flaps? Do the 16:00x20's take to much power from the poor old multifuel? I have heard not to put the 16:00's on.
sorry for so many questions
Thanks Ryan

M1075

ryan said:
I am looking to put 14:00x20's on one of my m54's what would be an average price to pay for wheels? Do they mount tubeless? Or do I need to find tubes and flaps? Do the 16:00x20's take to much power from the poor old multifuel? I have heard not to put the 16:00's on.
sorry for so many questions
Thanks Ryan
To run singles on a 5 ton, the preferred route is 2 piece, bolt-together wheels. They run about $200-$300 each, complete with nuts, valve stem, o-rings, and beadlock insert. These are typically used tubeless, although some guys do run tubes. I would go tubeless. You can also use split-ring rims with tubes.

I believe M.Walker on this board runs 16.00XZLs on a multifuel M52 and is pleased with the results. I have used 14.00s on a multifuel M52 and been impressed to. These trucks have plenty of low end power and the tires help with the road speed. I guess everyone has different opinions though. Also, it probably depends on how you will use your truck, what tire/rim combos are available to you, and how you want your truck to look. I'm going with some 16.00s on a cummins powered project in the near future.

ryan

RE: Re: Super Singles

I drive the truck all the time and mainly would be happy to be able to get 55-60 mph. I have a backhoe trailer that I'm going to set up for hauling my halftrack on. So I will be towing 20,000-22,000 lbs. Of course by the time I get the halftrack finished I will have the m54 wore out!