• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

supercharged m1009?

remote6

So Ive been looking around at many junkyards for the past year for a 6.5 turbo setup with no luck, so yesterday at work I remembered
I have an old 3800 supercharger in the garage. I have a 6.5 turbo intake manifold and could get a cnc shop to build a spacer to mate them together. Been searching the interweb for info on any people that may have done this with little luck. any ideas/ suggestions to make this work would be great. The 3800 supercharger makes 8 psi with the stock pulley from what I read so would under the 10 psi for the 6.2 could go up with a different pulley and I would put new thicker head gaskets on to lower the compression a little and new head bolts. how could I route the belt? Ive been reading that you would need a bypass valve at lower rpm so as to save fuel, can anyone elaborate on this because from what I understand more boost equals better combustion wouldn't that mean more efficient?

jwaller

Whipple did build a few sc kits for the h1's that were non turbo. That's going to be the only sc 6.2 6.5 variant you are going to find.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Belt routing on the 6.2 is gonna be troublesome due to the multitude of belts already there.

Fitting a SC may be a good time to configure the motor as a serpentine system.

Rick

Ilikemtb999

That gen 3 (or5) eaton supercharger barely keeps up with 3800's when you get them moving some air. It would probably just choke on top of the 6.2 even though its a low revver.

remote6

Thanks, I was thinking I would be putting the serpentine belt system on it if I were to do the super charger. But as I was reading further into things I was reading what Ilikemtb999 said. I don't know the math to figure out all this air ****. Doing a little searching on the inter net today and may have found a 6.5 turbo set up.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You'll have far more money in getting the 3800 supercharger on and in some capacity running (Not stating it would run right, just saying it would turn) than buying a 6.5 turbo setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks