• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Supplemental X door glass

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone found a source for the 5/8" supplemental armor glass, all I see are poly windows and an occasional NOS piece.
Do not prefer the poly because they scratch too easy and the OEM glass is obviously crap to begin with.
EDIT, my opinion is based on the fact that I have 2 M998s, a helmet top with 4 regular 3/8" glass and the other with 2 Supplemental armor glass (5/8") and ALL 6 are de-laminating. :)

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the other members on this forum found that you can remove the plastic and be left with perfect looking windows.

Essentially remove the delaminating plastic from the glass and you have perfectly clear windows that will cost you nothing other than some time.

There was a whole thread on this forum regarding this procedure some time about a year ago. I think it was pre-Covid.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the other members on this forum found that you can remove the plastic and be left with perfect looking windows.

Essentially remove the de-laminating plastic from the glass and you have perfectly clear windows that will cost you nothing other than some time.

There was a whole thread on this forum regarding this procedure some time about a year ago. I think it was pre-Covid.
This is incorrect, there are two Polly laminations, one on the inside of the glass and one between two glass panes, there is no fixing the one between the two glass panes, the inside Polly lamination is subject to moistly getting scratched, all 6 of my windows are de-laminating between the glass panes.

I did find a company that can provide 1/2" and 3/8" tinted tempered glass, might go that route and never worry about de-lamination again and still far less than NOS "gunna fail" windows

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks