• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Supplying a bodyshop with paint to paint my m1008, few questions

Dabba

Im having a body shop strip and repaint my m1008. It has some surface rust and i want it gone. Im looking for paint. I just want to make sure the components are "anti rust" and its something the guy at the body shop could work with (nothing crazy that you need experience with). I realize there are alot of substitutes out there for carc. I was looking at rapco and milspray for the primer and paint. Are they as tough as normal carc? While im not going to beat on my m1008, it will be brushing up against trees and such and i noticed the original paint dosnt scratch easy, are the substitues as tough? How much of each will i need to supply the guy with? Who should i go with? Milspray or rapco? Any other advice? Id just like a paint thats tough, helps prevent rust and is easy to work with. Let me know, no rush. Thanks guys

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks