• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Support strap for the compressor, ideas?

DanM7890

The housing is deff cracked so I have sourced a good used Cat 3116 front mechanical housing Part#7E-6366 for $200 shipped. I'm not going to repair the one on there as I would rather have a good one without issues. My next thing is to find a way to support the compressor properly to avoid this issue in the long run. Someone mentioned a support strap, can someone elaborate a bit on this. Is it something I can buy as a kit or can I just make one myself?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I moved this to it's own thread as it seems to be an ongoing problem with these trucks. It will make it a little more searchable in the future for all of us.

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should already be a bracket supporting the rear flange of the compressor. In my case the bracked was broken and after welding the crack i went ahead and reinforced it as shown in the below picture. Hope this helps.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks