• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Supporting Homes for our Troops

70deuce

The Military Vehicle Collectors of Colorado provided some vehicles for display supporting another Denver area Homes for our Troops fundraiser. This M220 was a Yuma proving ground support vehicle in its day. Has the desert white paint for that reason. You don't see many M817s with complete troop racks and bed cover. Looks pretty cool. The M818 went tandem to get the flag trailer to the event.

Attachments

jollyroger

It was a fun event and a great cause. I really enjoy the MVCC and the events you guys/we put on. It really is more the royal we when I say we. :D

I was happy this one was in our back yard and just a hop skip and a jump away.......I guess really more of a start, warm up and shut er down type of deal.

jollyroger

OK. To play the movie I had to select the production 1 that is highlighted in yellow at the top of the page. Once I did that the movie played automatically once it downloaded.

And......Pop......You need to include the name of your trucks in your signature. What was painted all over the 220 when we got it out of surplus? Inquiering minds want to know.

Oldfart

If I tell everyone the Army had "Warwagon" painted on the sides and doors, they probably wouldn't belive me. I think it was in blue drab which is supposed to not photograph very well. I think we should repaint that back on the truck and just let people think what they will.

Attachments

jollyroger

Oh I agree. WARWAGON is going back on the truck. Problem is you are going to have to get me to throttle back on where I'm painting it. It was on the rear doors, sides of the box and on the cab doors when we got it. I'm thinking of all kinds of places we can rock the name for the truck.

And I forgot to thank Phil, Phil, The Hoff, Jim and Dad for a really fun afternoon. I was wipped out from my sleep apnea test the night before. I intended to just go home and nap till the event was over but you guys are so much fun to shoot the bull with I just stayed the course and hung out. I'm glad I did. Thanks guys.

70deuce

The MVCC supported another Home for Our Troops fund raising events in downtown Parker, CO on 8-5-12. The organizers credited us with bringing in a bunch more people who from what they said donated some serious money. Always a good cause to support.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks