• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Surging idle

Rattlewagon

I've tried searching for an answer to this but didn't really find an answer. What would cause a multi to sit at an idle and start surging? As it isn’t my truck, I don’t have any info as to the quality of fuel or status of filters, but the truck runs fine otherwise.

Just oscillates a few rpms while sitting and idling.

can anyone give me something to look for when I see the truck again?

thanks,
dan

ctmustang

one of my other deuces done this when I bought it. Changed all filters and took fuel tank off and cleaned it out. This didn't help. Started running Lucas fuel system additive and running down the hiways on my little trips. Finally it cleared up. Not sure if additives helped or not but I would try these easy things.
C.T.Mustang

Rattlewagon

Thanks C.T.

can anyone tell me how they know if the hydraulic head needs replaced? What manual would that be in? I have the -10 and the -20 but neither went into great detail about the injection pump...

dan

jollyroger

I have had really good luck with all the Lucas products. I run the Lucas fuel additive in all the farm tractors because they sit for long periods and it helps lube the injector pump with all the low sulfur fuels. It hopefully is as simple as needing to be driven regularly.:wink: