• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Surprise!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to fill up the deuce today, and noticed the gas gauge was lower then what I remembered. Measured the fuel level, and I was missing 3 inches of fuel! I also noticed the chain to the cap was broke. Looks like someone stole some fuel from me... Now for the fun part! What they got was 75% Motor oil, and 25% gasoline! I had not added any diesel yet, that's the reason I went to the gas station. I can just imagine the smoke and knocking someone will get when they try to run it in their vehicle. Someone is going to get what they deserve!
Dennis

Last edited:

bomar76

ROFLMAO!!!!
Just deserved punishment for whoever stole it.
Someone had posted a way to lock the stock cap a long time ago....dunno if it can be searched.

rdixiemiller

Reminds me of the urban legend running around the RV circles. The guy finds someone puking his guts out by the motor home. Tried to siphon fuel, got the waste holding tank instead!
I would have to kick the guy while he was down. "Gee, I'm sorry! But I have 2 deadly diseases that can be transmitted by feces! I don't know if the Hepatitis C or HIV will kill you firstT"

M35guy

I cant help but laugh at this one. if this thief is planning on using the fuel in a diesel, its gonna die, if he's gonna us it in a gasser, he better be ready for it to smoke like mad and run like crap IF it even runs. this is a HUGE if on any engine other than a deuce multifuel.

My solution, is to conceal the fuel tank somewhere, and create a "false" tank that holds something like waste oil from the motor so that when someone tries to steal fuel, all they get, is oil, and they go pretty much nowhere.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan on adding a lock sometime, I remember the old post about it. Seemed a pretty straight foward mod.

Last edited:

williamh

no way .!!!! i cant belive you guys live in such bad areas .... i can park my stuff anywhere and nobody has ever messed with it ..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the world coming to when someone steals fuel (or used motor oil) from a military vehicle!

bomar76

The idea isn't absolute security....it's to deter the casual criminal.

Kinda like gun safes...they are really NOT a safe, just a lockable closet with a really overdone door and weak sides and back....but they keep most lowlifes out.

ajg6989

My gun safes are in the back of my M109 as the road to the range is in bad shape lots of potholes 2' deep and mud. have fun in the deuce just driving it to the range. also have lots of desecant in the van body.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks