• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Surprised at number of M35's on ebay without bids...

plance1

New member here, not sure why there are so many M35s out there without buyers, I see many on ebay with zero bids, I thought it would be harder and more competitive to get one of these trucks. I hope to get mine soon, seems like there are a lot out there.

scooter01922

There are a lot out there. I'm not sure the ones you are seeing on ebay but there are a lot of guys that seem to be smoking something when they put their starting bid. Massively overpriced trucks are a reality and there are apparently enough suckers that buy them for it to be justified. Don't be a sucker, stick around a while and you will find one on here for a lot less cash.

2Deuces wild

Amen Scooter, What are they thinking? When GL is selling them at 150 to start then there is the shipping cost. Its just to much.

plance1

Im seeing quite a few around 3 to 4k with zero bids. I would prefer to buy from someone who is on here though, not in a big hurry.

6x6guy

Speculation like stocks -supply and demand theres is a lot of units out there now and more available soon - this is the last year for these old work horses - no foreign government wants then so they dump then on the us- the vehicles are sold for more money that they can get for scrap metal. :cry:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Plance1...lots of folks buy MV's from GL or a few others..(GSA, craigslist etc) and wanna "flip em" for some quick profit...heck...why not?

What ya gotta watch is the price...and prolly more importantly...tag/titleing issues.

Watch out for statements like SF97 pending or BOS only cause your state may or may not accept either of them.

As stated above...look around...get the feel of the system and ask lots of questions before ya commit.
Just my personal rant:roll::roll:

youngdreamer

That is because all of us that want one dont have the money, and those that have them thier wives (if they have one) said that they had enought. wich i dont get because you can never have to many toys

Lex_Ordo

I bought mine from a guy that was about 90 miles away, on eBay. For me the hassel of loading out of a base, and trying to organize the paperwork to register was soemthing I wasn't interested in doing.
Instead I bought from someone that had bid on 50 trucks and won something like 22 or 23. Then I just picked from his lot, and 1,2,3 I had it home and registered. Then I restored it at my own pace, and it is a winner today.

It is all personal preference.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New member here, not sure why there are so many M35s out there without buyers, I see many on ebay with zero bids, I thought it would be harder and more competitive to get one of these trucks. I hope to get mine soon, seems like there are a lot out there.

Check out the classifieds, there are a number of very reasonably priced, good running trucks available from Miltruckman here in Michigan.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The flood gates are open now because the Army Reserve and National Guard are replacing the deuces and 800 series with the new LMTV's.
Once the big units have sent their trucks through DRMO and the supply tightens up you will see prices go way up.
If I had 100 grand to invest I'd buy deuces and 5 tons and store them a few years......couldn't take a worse bath than I did with my 401 (lost 5 grand in 6 months).
At least with trucks you got something tangible.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I expect to see prices start rising sharply next spring, as the last of the DRMO stuff will have been shipped over to GL by then.
WM, my 401K was down about $260K at one point. With the recent rise, it's recovered almost 50percent of that, but I still lost 22 grand in Wachovia (in another account). Life goes on.

plance1

Thanks guys for your comments. Although there seem to be a lot out there, I do appreciate the idea of buying it from someone on this board rather than ebay (if they are not a member here), then on ebay from someone who has a lot of info posted. My last choice would be GL just because I don't think the descriptions are all that good, but maybe Im speaking out of ignorance.

I am interested in possibly hiring if need be, someone from this board to maybe inspect a truck for me if I find one I like. I don't want to buy a lemon. Don't laugh. Some of you mechanics out there who know the ins and outs of these trucks may think that's not needed but for a guy like me, its probably a good investment. If I can find someone I can trust in the Cincinnati area then that would be ideal. In all honesty, when I look at these trucks, at least at the pics, they all look the same to me! But at least I can admit I have an untrained eye.

scooter01922

My last choice would be GL just because I don't think the descriptions are all that good, but maybe Im speaking out of ignorance.

You may be a newbie but you are on the right track, that statement alone speaks volumes. You must have actually read something around here to come to that condlusion. We like newbies that actually read stuff around here.:-D

gunboy1656

Just a heads up a good bit of the trucks you see on ebay are members here. Take your time, find the one thats fit you.

I am sure when the time comes someone out your way could help you out, or close to where ever you find a truck.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may be a newbie but you are on the right track, that statement alone speaks volumes. You must have actually read something around here to come to that condlusion. We like newbies that actually read stuff around here.:-D
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being "new" and asking questions. You will get a TON of good information from MANY S.S. members! Heck, we ALL were "newbies" at one time, and I still am. I read, I learn, I digest what is written. I use the manuals that the site provides. I have made friends I TRUST here on S.S. and I ask their opinion! I used to drive when I was in the military (right around the time the actual WHEEL was invented!) I have forgot more than I ever knew. There are individuals here on S.S. that have forgotten more than I will ever know! Take your time, get what options you want! Pay attention (like you already are!) and you'll have the truck of your dreams in short order! Welcome aboard!! Great site, BETTER people!!
God bless,

Tony:-D