• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survey...... "oil line of death 3116" (governor oil feed line)

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
What would be the "normal" engine running oil pressure in this line?
I did read that the governor mechanism is splash oiled but see not restrictor on inlet.

{Must be engine oil pressure do to it's being able to pump out al the engine oil quick when broken/failed.}
The tube ID is only about .194" ( the ORB fitting to governor is .169").

Normal tube ID for this 1/4" steel stuff [3 bucks a foot] is .194" ID to .180" ID hole,
I won't cut this sample to find out.

What is the 3116 engine "running down the road" oil pressure in this line
versus engine idling oil pressure within this line?

Attachments

Last edited:

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I made a lot of money in my life brazing and un-brazing things, especially on jet engine multi-fuel manifolds.
Made quite a few inventions for myself to do it all better and easier especially on the flow bench.
So this story interested me a bunch but I finished now, {don't even have a CAT 3116} but think I can help a bit thru my photos and notes research.
IMG_9659.jpg5929k195-O-ring face seal at McMaster Carr.pngIMG_9644.jpgIMG_9650.jpgIMG_9653.jpgIMG_9655.jpgIMG_9657.jpgIMG_9658.jpgIMG_9659.jpgIMG_9660.jpg

Attachments

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
MY final................
Just replace it.
Finger test the ORB's on the ends, if you even think it is loose it is no good..
Replace every few years.......
Dis-allow corrosion.
I sad that all the work I did with the puter and printers it still comes out sideways.
Me thinks all the Cat 3116 owners will understand.
I am with wheelspinner in that the big "C" is really nasty.
I have some time left but did want to get this done and it is done.

Attachments

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I HAVE MADE A KIT WITH FITTING AND BRAIDED STAINLESS LINE THAT IVE USED ON SEVERAL TRUCKS, SAME ONE BEING SOLD FOR LIKE 80.00 ON FLEABAY. I CAN SEND IT TO ANYONE FOR ITS COST AND SHIPPING COST ABOUT 18.00
Make pictures of it and put it into Pay it forward or in our for sale place, Thanks

Last edited:

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Decided to remove my line when 2 paint chips showed up unexpectedly—

. 15000 miles
. 3 o’clock position
. Paint chipped/ rusted suspect a crack- no oil leaking yet.
- Removed line -replaced line and wire wheeled the suspected spot-

No cracks observed, line is solid.
Replaced with blue flex line..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks