• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

Jeepsinker

Right, all automotive type batteries vent when they are charged, which produces hydrogen, so if the box is in fact sealed make sure that there is some ventilation, otherwise you may end up with a crater where your truck used to be.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
But craters are good, yes? :) Busy day today, too many projects demanding my time. Got my non running 6x6 Polaris Ranger running, so now I can move it around and out of the way. Need a bigger piece of land. Also wired up some light poles on my 6x12 trailer, helps when backing up at night. May be pulling it with the Ranger and an enduro bike on it to the '15 GA Rally. Fully installed the toolbox on it and painted to match. Hung up my water heater in the bathroom to see if it is a workable spot. It is a propane on demand type. Figured would be a good place since I can pipe the exhaust gasses out of the old blower vent. Need to figure out how to make a round flue square. Also found a place for my solar controller, will be starting the rooftop frame work next weekend. Panels the following weekend. So little time. ( and money )

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did a bit to the 109 today. Squared away some interior stuff, then set out to get the solar panel framework in place. Used surplus 1 3/4 angle aluminum and stainless steel bolts to lay it out. Still need some center reinforcements and 3 antenna mounting points.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty much have the solar panel frame done, finished the center cross beams and trimmed the anchor bolts. Made some flanges so I can install and remove the panels without having center bolts/screws. Will be able to take a few screws out of each side and the end, and lift each panel individually for service or repair. Also incorporated a center mount for an antenna. Will have three roof mounted antenna's in the future. Also bleached the roof and the entire truck, as the mold zombie's had taken over. Looks like I just repainted it. :) Also prewired the panels and installed some rubber supports to them. This time next weekend should be charging batteries for free!

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a sweet package delivered this afternoon. My new master cylinder and associated parts came from Peashooter. It has the revised m-cyl. with the built in differential switch. Also has the remote plate on it. He included the fittings for the lines to the reservoir and the steel lines to the airpacks. The reservoir also has a float switch for low fluid. Was a pleasure dealing with Peashooter. Will be late March before I can get started on the install.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got home a bit early today, so was able to get the fresh water tank plumbed, filled and leak checked. No leaks, so wired in the demand pump and tested. Works as intended. At least something went well. Ugg. On to the solar panel install tomorrow.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Got home a bit early today, so was able to get the fresh water tank plumbed, filled and leak checked. No leaks, so wired in the demand pump and tested. Works as intended. At least something went well. Ugg. On to the solar panel install tomorrow.
Heavy-wall tank looks nice. How many gallons?

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rain, rain, rain. Ugg. Didn't get much done today, but did with the help of a friend, get my solar panels on the roof. Nothing secured or wired, but at least they are up there. Even fit my frame that I made. Wonder of all wonders. Bolt them down and wire them in tomorrow, if the weather clears.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Rain, rain, rain. Ugg. Didn't get much done today, but did with the help of a friend, get my solar panels on the roof. Nothing secured or wired, but at least they are up there. Even fit my frame that I made. Wonder of all wonders. Bolt them down and wire them in tomorrow, if the weather clears.
QUADJEEPER did you set those on a shock-absorbing bed of any kind (urethane or something), or are they solid enough to just sit up there as is?

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
QUADJEEPER did you set those on a shock-absorbing bed of any kind (urethane or something), or are they solid enough to just sit up there as is?
They are pretty tough, but do have a foam isolator under the panel frame on the aluminum frame. The box doesn't really flex, so that shouldn't be an issue.