• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

Another Ahab

Custom

Now that is some cubic footage! Sorta looking at the U-Haul truck "mom's attic type of space, most likely will all be fabbed. Nothing on paper yet, all in my head.
JEEPER; how cool would it be adding a feature like this:

- slide out tray for a Mule

- for scooting around site, after set-up

- but rear-loaded of course

Ya think?!

Mule II.jpg Mule.jpg

Last edited:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:-( I hope you get some other new medications that do agree with you. Better yet, I hope you can do without the medications altogether.

KaiserM109

I really found the ultimate portable back porch but I do not think a Deuce would have enough power to pull the hills around here.
My M109 can barely get itself around town, at this altitued (5280 ft) without a turbo. It is really sick pulling my MKT-85:
Duce_MKT-85.jpg

That's why I bought my M923A1:
Two Trucks.jpg
Now that I got its transmission replaced (lost low gear back because of 15W40 oil instead of ATF and -20 degree weather), I intend to move the box over to the M923 and probably bob it. I'm also thinking about expanding the box, but that might not be reasonably possible. I'm going to call it my M109A5.

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M109 can barely get itself around town, at this altitued (5280 ft) without a turbo. It is really sick pulling my MKT-85:
View attachment 527599

That's why I bought my M923A1:
View attachment 527600
Now that I got its transmission replaced (lost low gear back because of 15W40 oil instead of ATF and -20 degree weather), I intend to move the box over to the M923 and probably bob it. I'm also thinking about expanding the box, but that might not be reasonably possible. I'm going to call it my M109A5.
I like your idea's. Start a thread when you get going on it.

61sleepercab

I have a MKT85 and am ready to test burners as soon as weather warms enough to put up awning. I could see a MKT trailer as the base of a manly Coleman popup camper with the outside sidewalls attached. Guess others at the KOA campground would be scratching their heads with Deuce and GI camper in a camp slot.
am still trying to figure a triple bowl sink to satisfy the food police to cater with the MKT. I am trading for a M109 truck and may equip with a propane instant hot water heater and a triple sink ? SOS on a shingle for 200? Mark

Another Ahab

I have a MKT85 and am ready to test burners as soon as weather warms enough to put up awning. I could see a MKT trailer as the base of a manly Coleman popup camper with the outside sidewalls attached. Guess others at the KOA campground would be scratching their heads with Deuce and GI camper in a camp slot.
am still trying to figure a triple bowl sink to satisfy the food police to cater with the MKT. I am trading for a M109 truck and may equip with a propane instant hot water heater and a triple sink ? SOS on a shingle for 200? Mark
Triple?

Wash, Rinse, What?

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wash - Rinse - Sanitize

I worked in food service for 5 years. We had to wash all the dishes in antibacterial soap, rinse with clean water, and sanitize in a chlorine bath. After I washed, rinsed, and sanitized the dishes, I put them in the walk-in cooler to dry.

Last edited:

tim292stro

Yeah most people don't have food service training, that one is lost on people who aren't familiar with food safety. Take my parents...

"science experiments" - just cut off the rotting part of the head of lettuce and keep the rest in the same bag it just came from, or just throw out the one uncovered container of food that was moldy and then not clean out the fridge.

"food storage" - big retail containers, many of them packed in a fridge, so many in fact that the fridge can't cool the front... No thermometer in the fridge either, it'll take care of itself right?

Nothing like hot food put in a Tupperware then tossed in the fridge hot... great way to get bacteria going.

The three times in my life that I have gotten food poisoning have been at their home. I've gotten close with restaurants that don't cook their food properly too.

One thing I've been meaning to ask OP: do you have a food vendor permit to cook for crowds? In CA it's required, in fact when we were doing car parking as a fundraiser for a local flea market, we had to have a temporary food vendor permit to serve donuts and coffee to the scout's parents.

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Yeah most people don't have food service training, that one is lost on people who aren't familiar with food safety. Take my parents...

Nothing like hot food put in a Tupperware then tossed in the fridge hot... great way to get bacteria going.
I confess that I don't know all this:

- So what's the smart thing to do (about putting away hot food in the refrigerator)?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I confess that I don't know all this:

- So what's the smart thing to do (about putting away hot food in the refrigerator)?
Put it in shallow containers and make sure there is air circulation on all sides. What you are trying to do is get the temp from over 140 F to less than 40 F as quickly as possible (less than 30 minutes, preferably 15-20). The 'danger zone' is considered between 40 and 140 F, where the number of bacteria can double every 20 minutes.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if Quadjeeper realizes that his build thread has taken a turn into the kitchen, or MKT as the case may be...... :naner::wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks