• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sustained top speed

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It did happen to someone here. the 18 managed to slow down and just "pushed" the deuce along for a bit.

4-ways - I only use them when speed drops to 45 or below. BTW on the deuce, 4-ways = no brake light function.

Hi guys,
I picked up my m109A3 at Nellis afb about a month ago and I want to thank all of you for your imput!!! I put new batteries in it and checked the engine fluids and it fired right up!! I was so happy. I then checked the gear oils and lubed the u-joints and drove it back to calif. I kept the speed at about 53 mph when the road was perfectly flat and the slowest speed was 40 mph.
After checking out the vehicle, it has a rebuilt engine, trans, transfer,air pump, radiator,hydrovac, mastercylinder and all new tires!! I feel blessed and I am now in the process of converting it to a motor home.
I have removed the donkey plug from the top front of the box and replaced it with a waterproof box ( 4x4) with conduit going down to a j-box. Wired up with 8 ga. wire and added a outdoor receptical box on the side. I have removed the electrical plugs from the inside and installed wire mold conduit w/ wiremold recp. boxes for the kitchen, bathroom, and table area.
I have removed the upper sheetmetal in the box and have wired up for air cond.,fart fan ove the shower and 12 volt flouresent lighting.
I also removed the converter box and the fan control from the converter and installed a 4x4 box with the fan switch, data plate, reostate in its place.it came out to be a clean set up.
Thankx again for all your help guys!
Richard

Oh ya, I removed the exhaust stack and installed a 4" muffler on the exhaust pipe. I used a 4" muffler with adaptors so I would not create any back pressure on the turbo. It worked out very nice and I now can lose the ear plugs on the freeway!!!
I am also selling a refurbished air ride seat for 175.00. It has been cleaned, painted and lubed, ready to go :-D
Richard

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks