• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swap the Box Seat for Springer Seat - Question

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto, I'm not sure what mod made it feel like you were being thrown forward??? Is that why you kept the slider, to position the butt differently....forward?
When I got my M44A3 drivers seat, I removed the passenger bench seat and I moved my stock spring ride seat over the passenger side. One day I took somebody for a ride in the truck and I noticed he kept fumbling around and holding on to the door. I just figured he had a physical condition and couldn't get comfortable.

When I rode in it, I figured it out. There was no modification to the seat whatsoever, it was totally stock, I'd just moved it to the passenger side. The springer sits you sooo upright that without the steering wheel to steady you, it just doesn't feel right. This sensation went away when I installed the M44A3/HMMWV seat on the springer base. I assume it has something to do with the angle of the seatback.

tobyS

I notice that my seats have a more backward angle (I have 2 like the one in the 817 above), so with a spring base, it shouldn't be a problem. I guess the driver will have that angle change as well. Hmmmm

The OP may notice that feeling on his however.

Last edited:

dbesade

I notice that my seats have a more backward angle (I have 2 like the one in the 817 above), so with a spring base, it shouldn't be a problem. I guess the driver will have that angle change as well. Hmmmm

The OP may notice that feeling on his however.
Yeah we will see.. I have to drill some holes in the seat base to get things lined up right. This weekend will be focused some other work, until the Bench Seat Bracket comes in and some other stuff.

-Dave

texas30cal

Clinto, I noticed exactly the same thing with a springer on the pass side. I restored my bench seat and reinstalled now all is right with the world again.

rustystud

When I got my M44A3 drivers seat, I removed the passenger bench seat and I moved my stock spring ride seat over the passenger side. One day I took somebody for a ride in the truck and I noticed he kept fumbling around and holding on to the door. I just figured he had a physical condition and couldn't get comfortable.

When I rode in it, I figured it out. There was no modification to the seat whatsoever, it was totally stock, I'd just moved it to the passenger side. The springer sits you sooo upright that without the steering wheel to steady you, it just doesn't feel right. This sensation went away when I installed the M44A3/HMMWV seat on the springer base. I assume it has something to do with the angle of the seatback.
I had the same problem happen to me. I just shimmed up the front mounting bolts of the seat with washers.

tommys2patrick

I just did the same thing, replacing the old box base with a springer seat in my M275. I am trying to move the old cab mounted seat belts to the springer base. I know the bolts are different sizes. Anyone know the size/specs of the springer seat belt bolts?

I have the original large steering wheel--not nearly as much room behind it with my advanced bulkitude. ha!

texas30cal

The bolts that hold mine to the springer base are 7/16-20. Be sure you attach them to the cab as well as the seat using the short belts with mounting tabs on both ends.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks