• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

swap the Catperillar D-7155 Overdrive transmission into a M931

red

Both that engine and transmission were available in civi trucks, gotta be a few of them out there set up that way. They will work together fine. The medium/heavy duty market has things standardized unlike the 1 ton and lighter market where each manufacturer has their own setup (Chevy engine wont bolt up directly to a ford trans for example). In this market it's all SAE 1,2,3 bellhousings and each engine/transmission is adaptable to that.

Csm Davis

The transmission won't fit in a M929,930, 931, 932, or any variants there of. The wheelbase is to short. Maybe the A2 because the engine is shorter and moves the transmission forward but Simp had to move his transfer case back and has a very short driveshaft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KAT MAN

Both that engine and transmission were available in civi trucks, gotta be a few of them out there set up that way. They will work together fine. The medium/heavy duty market has things standardized unlike the 1 ton and lighter market where each manufacturer has their own setup (Chevy engine wont bolt up directly to a ford trans for example). In this market it's all SAE 1,2,3 bellhousings and each engine/transmission is adaptable to that.
thank you for sharing your knowledge thats good to hear that I can adapt it to it.

Won't fit in a M929,930, 931, 932, or any variants there of. The wheelbase is t to short.

I should have clarified the 3406 is for another project but it would be a cool project to get it in one of these military rigs

Sounds like a challenge....KAT MAN!

I love a challenge and having something unique so it sounds I need to make this happen :mrgreen:

Csm Davis

thank you for sharing your knowledge thats good to hear that I can adapt it to it.

I should have clarified the 3406 is for another project but it would be a cool project to get it in one of these military rigs

I love a challenge and having something unique so it sounds I need to make this happen :mrgreen:
No not what I was posting about! The transmission won't fit goobers. Almost any medium and large truck motors will fit.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
How about if the a transmission hump is fabbed up?
It wont fit in a short wheel base truck and be able to use the transfer case. If you use the transfer case your one driveshaft will only be about 8 inches long. Almost impossible for a companion flange setup. only other option would be to move the bogie back and thats alot of work. You might as well anticipate about $2500 for everything including the transmission. Even more if your not a fabricator. Some parts you would need can be hard to find.

You have to add a 3inch hump or raise the cab 2.25in and modify the cab center channels. The hump is hard to do. Since you have to make new engine mounts, cab mounts and rear cab crossmember it is just easier to raise the cab

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks