• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swapping out M923a2 transmission.

6x6guy

Looking for some advice
I have a M923a2 and to admit I really haven't used to to much in the last 2 years due to the fact of getting sick and recovery from surgery.
Well the truck has around 25K as far as mileage and runs good.
And started to die out last year during the fall when I was somewhat had recovered and noticed that with the engine being run for a few moments and placed in gear it would die out and not move.
Well after a couple of attempts and giving more peddle and trying other selections of the transmission even reverse would still die out.
Thinking perhaps a recent changing of the pinion seals perhaps something went sideways so I disconnected the transmission output shaft to the transfer case.
Well even with that disconnected it still would die out no matter selection of the transmission selector was in.
I talked to Chris at Memphis Equipment for guidance and he came up with a couple suggestions and talked to another mechanic who worked there and suggested that I get another trans from them for $9,800.
Well that really didn't fix into the budget.
So I was able to locate one locally for a lot cheaper.
Now the question my existing transmission utilized oil and the replacement uses transmission fluid.
What is suggested or recommended.
Any helpful information would be appreciated
Thanks again John

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Looking for some advice
I have a M923a2 and to admit I really haven't used to to much in the last 2 years due to the fact of getting sick and recovery from surgery.
Well the truck has around 25K as far as mileage and runs good.
And started to die out last year during the fall when I was somewhat had recovered and noticed that with the engine being run for a few moments and placed in gear it would die out and not move.
Well after a couple of attempts and giving more peddle and trying other selections of the transmission even reverse would still die out.
Thinking perhaps a recent changing of the pinion seals perhaps something went sideways so I disconnected the transmission output shaft to the transfer case.
Well even with that disconnected it still would die out no matter selection of the transmission selector was in.
I talked to Chris at Memphis Equipment for guidance and he came up with a couple suggestions and talked to another mechanic who worked there and suggested that I get another trans from them for $9,800.
Well that really didn't fix into the budget.
So I was able to locate one locally for a lot cheaper.
Now the question my existing transmission utilized oil and the replacement uses transmission fluid.
What is suggested or recommended.
Any helpful information would be appreciated
Thanks again John
Put ATF in it. Dextron 3. Or transynd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks