• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sway bar bushing installation

lindyp38

ill be posting pics soon.......the bushings seem to big for sway bar.....the local shop could not press them in....

any help would be appreciated.....

cpf240

Someone mentioned before that the "correct" bushings don't fit, and so they used the poly two-part bushings. Another person suggested putting the bushings in the freezer for a while to cause the rubber to contract a bit, and then try pressing them in. There was also a mention of taking the metal sleeve out first, then press in the rubber portion, and then reinsert the metal sleeve.

I'd love to hear how this goes, as I have the same bushings sitting in a box awaiting time for installation.

cpf240

Sorry, I don't have any numbers for the poly bushings. I've had too many issues in the past with squeaky poly bushings on other cars, so am hoping to avoid them.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my experience, the one piece bushings could not be pressed in by me, or a professional shop. Freezing doesn't work, boiling doesn't work, removing the sleeve doesn't work. What worked is the two piece bushings. Got them from O'Reillys. I'll find the receipt and post the part number.

jw4x4

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted that link because that's what comes up with a search for what 319 posted. (ens 3.5118g)

Miah

I installed the LMC 34-0114 (73-80 w/ grease-able brackets) while doing a front axle swap. Went fairly well except the front brackets didn't have quite wide enough bolt holes for the stock bolts. Took a wee bit of grinding to solve the issue. Believe the 34-116(w/o brackets) is the proper part # tho. If these give me any grief I'll swap out to the other set & back to the stock brackets.

lindyp38

i went thru summit racing......bushings were in two pieces....and went in very easily.........thanks to all for ur help.....

the summit racing bushings came in a kit...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks