• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swaybar Disconnect Install/Pics

TyJustice

After I installed the 2 1/2 lift last year I had been running without a swaybar and had been looking for a disconnect for it.

I just happened across
http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/swaybarkit.htm and low and behold, the disconnect I have been dreaming about for over a year.

I ordered the disconnect kit and also the sway bar bushing kit and did the install today. The install was very simple and took about 1.5 hours to complete.

Just took it out for a test drive and all I can tell you is, it is nice to have it back, especially when you’re making a lot of turns in town.

Pic 3 shows Swaybar supported in the up position by the supplied bracket.

Last Pic? I just thought it was funny.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the looks of that. Looks like it might be able to compensate for moving the front axle forward an inch too!

1stDeuce

I think you might want to consider spacing the bump stop down an inch or so... If you measure between the stop and the axle, and the sway bar parked and the bracket it pins into, you'll find the measurements about the same, and the bumper will compress about an inch, whereas the brackets just get twisted... also, most 2" lift springs aren't 2" anymore if you compress them to the orig bumpstop. Ask me how I know! :)

And Ken, I don't think you can get an inch out of this, but you can build a 1/4" plate to move the bar forward a bit, and that will get it done. :)
Chris

TyJustice

TY where did you get the 2 1/2" lift or did you have custom springs made? Looks good. Thanks

The lift is from Skyjacker and it is classified as HD (heavy Duty), I also added aftermarket shackles which added about another 1/2" of lift up front.

I think you might want to consider spacing the bump stop down an inch or so...

Thanks for the suggestion, I was looking at during the install and thought that might come into play during full compression.