• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swing away tire carrier dimensions

TOM R

Since im building my brush guard and have some time lol

Anyone got dimensions for the swinq away tire carrier that bolts to the airlift bumper and lowers the tire to the ground

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 6-10 months ago someone made one from scratch [EDIT- 2019 LOL]. It was posted in the "What Have You Done Lately" forum, IIRC.

He got several compliments.

Maybe start there?

[EDIT] Post #4048, posted by Andyrv6av8r

Last edited:

Crapgame

Tom R there are at least 3 different lowerable spare tire carriers that bolt to the Airlift Bumpers. The RICO Rhino uses a ratchetting dual-threaded LH and RH rod to lower the wheel assy; the two generations of Ibistek uses a hand crank geared cable/strap winch to lower the wheel assy, 1st Gen is welded square tubing the 2nd Gen is welded laser cut steel plate construction.

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will draw up a sketch and give you dimensions and links for the hinge and screw jack.
Maybe post that as a sticky?

I think this and the Luverne Home made stuff is pretty awesome.

Mods, maybe a "Home Made Items" sticky for those things that are highly sought after and can also be fabricated?

TOM R

Maybe post that as a sticky?

I think this and the Luverne Home made stuff is pretty awesome.

Mods, maybe a "Home Made Items" sticky for those things that are highly sought after and can also be fabricated?

Thanks all for responses, looking forward to this

TOM R

This and the brush guard is why i cant bring myself to spend what resellers want, but i guess not everyone can fab steel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks