• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swing Pedal Adjustments - Anyone done this?

peakbagger

I have been noticing that the left swing pedal on my SEE has lost a lot of travel. It makes it diffcult to do controlled swings left. The right pedal has full range of travel but the left side has far less and the pedal sits lower.

Anyone attempted adjustment? Looking at the tech manual, getting to the adjustments is a major part of the battle.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need to remove the cover on the tower to get to the linkage. I had a similar issue when I first got my FLU419 only it impacted both swing pedals. In my case I had two problems. Problem #1 was the valve assembly had some surface corrosion on the valve rod that slides up and down. It would only go up and down a small amount. I cleaned it up with a wire brush on my drill. The second problem was the pins in the linkage were rusty. Actually, all of the pins for all of the controls were rusty. I removed the entire linkage, tower, etc. cleaned everything up and painted the parts, greased everything and put it back together. That was years ago and no problems with the swing pedals since. One mistake I made was not taking photos of the linkages before I removed all of them and mixed them up. It was like solving a jigsaw puzzle when I reassembled.

As a side note, I am now having similar problems with the left stabilizer. I located an NOS valve assembly on Ebay for $100.00 and it arrived today. It looks new. I'm in the process of dismounting the backhoe to replace the valve assembly for the stabilizers.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adjusting the linkages is easy, once the cover is out of the way. I cut a slot in mine to get it past that large bracket without having to take everything apart.

For the stabilizers, I fixed my inoperative one (left side) by pulling the plug at the bottom off and removing what turned out to be a very small amount of dirt. But it was enough to prevent retracting that stabilizer.

peakbagger

Thanks all for the feedback. Its next on "the list".

I think the general observation that applies to Unimogs extend to the SEE. It will rarely strand you anywhere but it does seem to always have needed repairs. I knock out one issue and another couple appear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks