• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Switch Panel Wiring

BuiltMFG

I have an 1078A1 with a winch. On the top of the Heat/AC resides a switch panel with a few switches for the winch, but a lot of harnesses for switches that are not there.

If I am reading the wiring diagram correctly, are the switch harnesses wired with everything except the outgoing positive wire to an accessory? In the diagram some them are labeled as unused but some have more wires than others. One is even labeled as "PTO" in addition to another working PTO harness (which works)

The tags on the harnesses are P904, P905, P906, P908, P909, P910, P911, P915

I'm asking because at some point I want to add switches in this location... preferably using already existing switch harnesses.

IMG_0394.jpg

BuiltMFG

Well I've narrowed them down to:
P905 unmarked
P906 Blackout override
P908 Arctic Troop Heater
P909 Swing Fire Pump
P910 Unmarked
P911 Unmarked

Still don't know if there is a harness at the other end somewhere, or an accessory that is tied in. The hunt continues...

19Detail

BuiltMFG, first let me say I love your posts and your mods. You do next level work.

I am a huge fan of the Electrical System Foldout. All of the wires are numbered (and the numbers match the vehicle harness if they haven't worn off), and their location in the Fold Out is referenced in parentheses (Letters on the sides, numbers on the top and bottom). The first few pages of the FO lists the connectors and wires in order and roughly where they go. That can be helpful when you find a connector on the truck that is labeled and you want to find it on the schematic.

I am new to this, but as an example, I followed P909-Swing Fire Pump Switch wire 2007 (on page 25 of 34 of the Fold Out), down to Connector J210 on Pin 15 (on the same page). That does not have a corresponding out on Plug P210, so I believe the trail ends there, still inside the dash center options panel. You should be able to find a connector marked J210 inside that panel and Pin 15 on that connector is the other side of Pin 1 of the Swing Fire Pump Switch. If you look at P210, Pin 15 should be empty. If that is the case, that is the end of the line.

P905 Pin 1 wire 1673 goes to Pin 1 on plug P913 on the same page. All of those wires can be found located at C123 (page 14) in connector J913. Wire 1673 goes to K12-85 (a relay located at A139) which is labeled WorkLight Relay.

The Fold Out schematic is in TM -9-2320-365-20-2 and it starts on Page 1339. Hope this helps.

Thanks again for your posts, they are inspiring.

BuiltMFG

BuiltMFG, first let me say I love your posts and your mods. You do next level work.
I am a huge fan of the Electrical System Foldout. All of the wires are numbered (and the numbers match the vehicle harness if they haven't worn off), and their location in the Fold Out is referenced in parentheses (Letters on the sides, numbers on the top and bottom). The first few pages of the FO lists the connectors and wires in order and roughly where they go. That can be helpful when you find a connector on the truck that is labeled and you want to find it on the schematic.
I am new to this, but as an example, I followed P909-Swing Fire Pump Switch wire 2007 (on page 25 of 34 of the Fold Out), down to Connector J210 on Pin 15 (on the same page). That does not have a corresponding out on Plug P210, so I believe the trail ends there, still inside the dash center options panel. You should be able to find a connector marked J210 inside that panel and Pin 15 on that connector is the other side of Pin 1 of the Swing Fire Pump Switch. If you look at P210, Pin 15 should be empty. If that is the case, that is the end of the line.
P905 Pin 1 wire 1673 goes to Pin 1 on plug P913 on the same page. All of those wires can be found located at C123 (page 14) in connector J913. Wire 1673 goes to K12-85 (a relay located at A139) which is labeled WorkLight Relay.
The Fold Out schematic is in TM -9-2320-365-20-2 and it starts on Page 1339. Hope this helps.
Thanks again for your posts, they are inspiring.
Appreciate the kind words. Yeah I just printed out the wiring diagrams at work to try and figure this stuff out.. from page to page... Thanks for getting me a head start. I really want to reuse as much as I can without chopping a bunch of harnesses.

If you think I do good work go follow OurGreatEscapeOliver on instagram, dude is absolutely killing it.