• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

switching old air pack to new, what about the plug for lights?

DeuceNewb

Swapping out the old long style airpack for the newer style short one. Got everything figured out except the plug, which i assume is for brake lights. The old one has this plug on the front of the airpack. The new short one does not. What needs to be done to make the brake lights work. Obviously when the airpacks were updated there was something done to retrofit the brake lights. How can I achieve this??

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it a 1/8" pipe plug? I have the short style airpack also and I have a hydraulic style brake light switch that screws in there. Also i think the old style airpacks had a plug where you could lubricate the airpack with airtool oil. If you search for brake light switch or airpack, something more may come up. If you are switching to the new airpack, i believe you can still lubricate the airpack by removing the air line on the back of the air pack and squirting some air tool oil in there. I have not done this yet because i still need to research it more for what line to take off. Maybe somebody could chime in with more info on what line we need to take off to put some airtool oil in.

DeuceNewb

in the pic, you can obviously tell which is the old long and which is new. Look at the front of the airpacks (left side of pics)
the black plastic thing on the front with 2 prongs in it that wires plugged into. The new one doesnt have that

Attachments

DeuceNewb

I thought about that, but our 2 other trucks with the new airpack have nothing there as well, also, i'm pretty sure the thread size in the front of the new air pack is smaller than the long one

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought about that, but our 2 other trucks with the new airpack have nothing there as well, also, i'm pretty sure the thread size in the front of the new air pack is smaller than the long one
Why not follow the wires in one of the new truck with the new airpack and find the switch that way?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks