• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SWolfs LMTV stuff

shadowrwolf

Finally gotten a chance to look the truck over today.
found the dipstick is missing so replaced it with a cork and some electrical tape... changed out the oil and oil filter re tested engine and oil pressure still reading high at 3/4 at idle and maxed out at operating speed will run to town tomorrow and grab a mechanical gauge and retest to see if my problem is sending unit and gauge or engine. good news is it runs well enough and the CTIS fixed its self after some poking and a little motivation... found a hydraulic leak at the lock at the back of the cab when fully extended have not looked too close at it yet. still looking for a hatch cover for the cab roof. i will see if i can get some photos tomorrow if i have time.

shadowrwolf

sourced most the parts i need already.

got the truck up to 55 today and it has quite a nasty vibration that only happens at 55 seems like it might be passenger side front.
all the hubs are warm after some driving none are hot to the touch.
no unexpected drips or leaks engine stayed cool fan never kicked on.
marker and indicators work cant get the headlights to come on
the horn makes me sad... you would think they would put something more... fitting in to the truck.

tburk49760

After much reading and playing. I followed someone's advice and put a few drops of 3in one oil in the fan clutch solenoid valve. Tried wd40, no good. The machine oil fixed mine...

shadowrwolf

got it hot enough today to kick on.
it fires up right at 200 just long enough to bring the temp down then cuts out. seems to be working right.
no other bugs have popped up took it for a hour drive on forest service roads to shake it down and see if any problems came up but it went well no problems.

After much reading and playing. I followed someone's advice and put a few drops of 3in one oil in the fan clutch solenoid valve. Tried wd40, no good. The machine oil fixed mine...

Lmtv772

Banned
To me the horn is ok. These truck were not build to make a statement , or they would be canary yellow. It's about stealth. The horn works as it should, just doesn't sound like a train horn

dalej

My fan kicks on around 185-190 somewhere in that area. Is this normal? On a warm day my fan cycles about every miles or so.... always up hills. When my wife and I want to talk, I keep the fan disengaged until it reaches 200 degrees.

Where did you actually put the 3 in 1 oil? is there a lubricating point?

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Mine kicks in when the gauge sits around 215. The variations may be in the gauge or sender not the fan clutch actuator or its separate sender/sensor.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I always thought the cat likes to be around 200 to run well. I have never had a heat alarm go off didn't know the truck had one. At 215 the gauge is nowhere near the red zone. I think my M923A2 original shutterstat was 215 also. I go 57 or so on the highway at close to full rev for 15min or so at a clip and the truck stays around the 215-220 on a really hot day. The weathers cooling down here now so it's lower though. The cat engines are popular in big generators I always though they were made to do long runs at full goverened rpm.

dalej

OPERATOR’S INSTRUCTIONS CONTENTS MANUAL: pg 2-8

10. High Engine Temperature Indicator. Illuminates (red) when engine coolant
temperature is greater than 230° F (110 C).

It might be me but I just don't like to see a diesel engine reach 200 +

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I looked again it stays around 210. The gauge has a wide range without exact markings though. I have never had a temp light come on and I ran the snot out of my truck on a 90+ degree hot summer day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks