• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swollen glow plug removal

GunnyM1009

That one with the yellow head is not a cheapy. that is an original AC Delco 13 G. Back in the day they had yellow plastic insert and were made in USA. Now they have black plastic inserts and are made in Italy or Germany. IMHO they are still the best glow plugs for a CUCV 13G all the way. 25 years of private ownership and over 50 CUCV's will never convince me of any other way. Have a Great Day.
I wasn't sure what it was just knew it was the only different one. I only went with 60G because I searched on here for which ones are best and it seems like anyone with a resistor bypass goes with the 60G. My glow plugs are on a button so hopefully everything will work out with the 60G. I may get 13G next though since some believe they are superior.

cucvrus

Getting it back to the glow plug controller card and wait light could be a major job or a simple job. Without seeing it I am not sure how they did the manual glow plug setup. I never done one. Mine were always on the circuit card controller. The newer circuit card control cards have fancy blinking wait lights and all. Great set up. I think they even have a self protection built into them to prevent burn up. Good Deal. I do know do NOT use the Wellman glow plugs. I had a box with 100 in and each one gave me hours of fun removing after they swelled.

GunnyM1009

Getting it back to the glow plug controller card and wait light could be a major job or a simple job. Without seeing it I am not sure how they did the manual glow plug setup. I never done one. Mine were always on the circuit card controller. The newer circuit card control cards have fancy blinking wait lights and all. Great set up. I think they even have a self protection built into them to prevent burn up. Good Deal. I do know do NOT use the Wellman glow plugs. I had a box with 100 in and each one gave me hours of fun removing after they swelled.
The button works fine for me. I live in Alabama so the lowest temps we see normally would be in the teens. A 3 to 5 second hold on the button usually does the trick. If it's in the teens I may have to do it twice.