• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T-54 arrives!

Augdog1964

BMPs are awesome... they are a plumbers nightmare, but fantastic vehicles. Let me know if he wants to sell one as a parts vehicle... it is always wise to have parts.

charlietango

Excellent info Augdog. Thank you for the insight, a track like that will be on my bucket list for sure. (hope it wasn't rude of me to ask)

Now another question, and this may differ from State to State or even USA to Canada, but coming from a 'common-wealth' country or NATO friendly country, as you US people may see it, the armour didn't need to be cut? I have heard of guys buying armour here in CDN that had to get theirs torched, then re-welded coming from CZ or other former block countries, yet armour from common-wealth birth did not need to be cut (shermans etc)

If you ever need someone to sit on top and look cool, i'm your guy. any time... lol

Last edited:

Augdog1964

Regulations vary by country... the US is bad... ALL armor must be cut...

1) The breech ring must be cut in half by a torch displacing at least 1/2 inch of material
2) The barrel must have a hole torch cut into the high pressure area, at least the width of the bore
3) All smoke launchers must be demilled with a cut at least the width of its bore
4) Absolutely no guns or gun parts may be in the armor...
5) ALL dirt and mud must be thoroughly removed from the tracks and undercarriage or Dept. of Agriculture inspection may fail.

That's about it for the U.S., here there are no differences... if its a military vehicle (tank) it must be demilled. As of right now, no former U.S. armor may come back into the country... but there are rumors there have been exceptions.

deuceman51

I saw an article in one of the military magazines that a guy bought several US tanks in central america and had them trucked up through mexico and into the us. I wonder how he got around not being able to import US armor? I've got one M75 APC and really want to find something with a little more bark, lol. Your T-54 looks awesome by the way.

zout

Its just sickening to see this - I have read the OP post like a dozen times today and it makes me feel no better - HE HAS A TANK
now just how frickin cool is that. All you need now is a really big missle or Howitizer to tow behind it and :beer: you'd be the man all others are
gauged by for cool toys in their yard.

I'd just like a tank shell to make a BBQ grill out of. Incoming - I could shoot food to your table.

Hooper

Hey all,

Well after a 1.5 year journey, dodging a potential East Coast dockworkers strike, being told by the dock everything from "the hatches are welded shut" to "the motor doesn't run and the batteries are dead", and a major customs issue (which ATF Imports came to my rescue - Thanks Imports!), the T-54 is home.

View attachment 410485

We started finding out how unique she is yesterday... and best yet, all her storage bins were full with all the original tools, barrel cleaning, and river fording materials! She is a true '54 with the exception of the barrel evacuator upgrade...

Non rotating turret floor
No prime for fuel
No compressor for air recharge
Fan in the roof of turret
Early DSHK narrow mount
SGMT bow gun next to the driver (you can see the exit hole on the glacis plate)
Different rear deck setup
and more... I would begin to bore you! LOL!

Glad she's home, and she runs and drives like a top! Thanks ONCE AGAIN to BiffJ for his help, knowledge, and tireless dedication in keeping these beasts moving and working!

View attachment 410486

Each experience gains more information and knowledge on the importation and movement of military armor... some people just use wingsuits for danger and thrills... they should try importing armor!

The M936 continues to be a star too... here she is helping stow the additional helping axles on to the delivery truck's drop neck lowboy...

View attachment 410487

Thanks for this forum! This community is fantastic!

Holy crap that thing is awesome!

BiffJ

The pictures are awesome but its even better in person. The rumble of a 38.8 liter V12 diesel with 4 cams and 4 valves per cylinder is amazing. The ground shakes just sitting still. When the thing is rolling you can feel the ground shake hundreds of yards away. I remember seeing all the pictures of the thousands of russian tanks on the east german border and thinking it would be cool so see one of those. Well its even cooler to drive one. The 54 is really pretty too. The paint is well done and the interior is pretty nice too. Its very different than the later T55AM2 at the other end of the barn.

Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks