• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

t case conversion

eddiec

can the t-case in my 543 be converted from sprag to the air switch activation, and if so, how. or is there an easy replacement?

eddiec

nope, no new pics, work from early till to late. but yes, in another post, it was stated that a m543 could not rotate completely, well, after removing the lock, it does rotate completely, it only reaches the frot winch, but to remove, everything helps. just wish it wasn't a gasser, won't be for long.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
eddiec said:
can the t-case in my 543 be converted from sprag to the air switch activation, and if so, how. or is there an easy replacement?
With some work - but why would you? BTW, if you pull the R6602 and replace it with a Multifuel you'll be pleased with the increase in fuel economy, and terribly disappointed in the drop in power.

Regards,
David

eddiec

RE: Re: t case conversion

actually i have almost convinced myself into putting in the mack, have even considered the overdrive. love a diesel, and i just cann't pass up a turbo.

m139h2otruck

If you install a Mack, the trans also will have to be replaced or you will only go about 40-44 mph top speed. Also, will have to notch frame on left side of engine to clear air compressor and fuel pump. Gasser not that bad, just need to make sure that everything is right up to snuff! Plus, gas in our part of the world is cheaper now by almost 20 cents.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks