• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

t-case question

hivolts

t-136-27

Any ideas how to adjust the sprags...or are they just worn out and need replaced. My truck goes into 4wd in reverse and has only engage 4wd forwards one time. I have an Offroad truck with 2.5 ton axles and the t-136-27 sprag transfer case. I'm not sure what part comes out of adjustment

Heavysteven

First off sorry i am no help and this is a little off topic.

After reading this entire thread, I find it interesting that there is such a market for the dueces axles and transfers. I had a friend that more interested in my axles than the truck. Must have had the same thing i mind off roading.

Good luck with your sprag

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a T-136-21 sprag unit......
OK, nothing to be adjusted on the sprag clutch itself. It needs to be replaced if worn out.
Not clear what transmission you have or how the TC is shifted in your truck - just make sure the sprag selector shift rod is allowed to come back all the way out (to the front = forward sprag engaged) as soon as you shift the tranny from reverse back into neutral or any forward gear.

G.

hivolts

The transmission is a 3 speed automatic from a gmc 3500. The year is either 1991 (the body) or 1984 (the motor). There is only one lever through the floorboard, which is the bottom one. The top lever of the TC is hi/lo and it just stays in low. I can push the lever in the truck forward, which moves the lever on the transfer case in or backwards and make it go into 4wd in reverse. So should it stay in 4wd if I hold it forwards and then shift the transmission into a foward gear? Or as you said, I should let the TC rod come all the way out (or pull the lever in my truck to the rear) and then shift into a forward gear. And if it worked properly, I could push the lever forwards and it would stay in 2wd until the rear wheels started slipping and then engage 4wd? One time as I was stuck and messing with the transmission and transfer case, it went into 4wd forwards.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks