• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T-case question

IHASFIP

How hard is it to get your t-case in low? And what is the exact procedure per the TM. I searched and couldn't find anything. My t-case is a nightmare to put in low. You pretty much have to get rolling about 10 mph and stand on the lever to get it in...probably not the best of ideas. Any ideas? Also, one quick question, there is a little do-dad on the driverside of the motor towards the front of the truck in front of the fuel filters, kinda above the FDC that has a small silver know on it that you can kinda turn its spring loaded. What is it?

D

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
silver thing have a knurled knob? Should be an oil sampling port, just twist when the engine is running and oil comes out.

Transfer case hard to shift into neutral or high?

joshgar8

I just had to do some work on my transfer case. I was having problems with it staying in high. The problem was that the adjustment on the shaft inside the gear box wasn't set right. The set screw on the adjustment was safety wired in the inncorrect location not allowing the spring detent to engage in high. You might want to take the cover off and take a peak in there to see that all that is correct. But with it going in with the truck rolling, it sounds like it might be something alittle bit more intence:cry:

IHASFIP

It goes in high, and neutral just fine. And it will go almost into low, but just not quite far enough, thats while sitting still. I can cram it in sometimes, but only if moving. I have to take some pictures, I think I have an idea what the culprit is.

D

chicklin

Any follow-up on this? I have a similar issue but I can't get mine to shift into low at all (moving or stopped). Feels like it's running into a brick wall.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks