• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T P 17 stenciled on PU-797a

incorporatedbyinference

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I assumed it meant tire pressure 17 psi. When I picked the unit up I gave the tires a whack felt good and I pulled it home. Today I actually checked air preesure and it was 35psi. I have been reading tms and no mention that I’ve found regarding T P 17 on fender. My searches on the site have only discovered lower psi for off-roading with 37” wheels. Thanks for any info.

Ray70

You're correct. If its painted right at the top of the fender it means 17 PSI tire pressure. I've had trailers with TP 35 on them and several with TP 17 on them and I think a couple other pressures too.
I assume 35 is for highway use and 17 off road, but have to ask myself how anyone would know where exactly the trailers will be driven consistently!
Once thee things make it to auction all bets are off as far as what you're going to find for pressure in the tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks