• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T245 completely rebuilt but have one question

Havasurat

The vacuum lines for the distributor don't seem to be properly routed they're both drawing from the intake just on opposite sides any information guys would be greatly appreciated. Engine has New Old Stock Pistons reground rods ,turnrd the crank, bored at 20 over, all new valves and valve guides. Looking forward to getting it in the ambulance and driving it on the road.

Attachments

MDSA

Inside the throat of the intake should be a fitting facing the incoming air and a fitting facing away. The tubing from the first fitting runs to the distributor, cools the coil, then returns to the intake via the tubing to the second fitting. Vital that the proper flow is there. I had trouble with my M37 shutting off every 20 mins or so when I first got it home. After cooling it would run fine for another 20 mins. One of my intake fittings was plugged and the tubing had been put in the rubber tube for the windshield wipers. Runs fine now.

tobyS

Very professional job on the rebuild....looks great. I had a Dodge powerwagon (truck model) a long time ago.

One modern adaption that you may want to look into is electronic distributor insides to replace the points. That is on my bucket list for my F600 boomtruck. I believe it is available for your truck also.

Reading MDSA post, the vacuum advance would not seem to be the one that faces the flow but it's been way too long for me to remember the details of it's distributor (other than I always had to work on points).

Nice job!