• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

t400 to t700r4 swap

kennyw

You would have to change the case to get all the updates on an '83 transmission. Run the #'s off of the tranny to see what year it was, maybe he had a different core used already... you will still need to buy another core for the output shaft though. And the 2wd and 4x4 cases were slightly different in the bellhousing area.

CUCVHMMWV

Well poop! I just talked to the PO this morning and found out the trans is from an '85 Firebird and he spent about $1800 to beef it up for towing and to rebuild the torque convertor. I have read that most trans shops working on 700's end up upgrading those standard weak points anyway. :?: I would like to stick with this 700 since all that work has been done, and then perhaps use a divorced 205 or a doubler. ...at least at this very moment; that could change real quick. :roll: