• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tach issues and questions

Dmaxcc6spd

So the tach on the 923A1 quit. After checking the manuals and some testing, I have the following questions and observations.
The tach pulse sender, an electrical device mounted on top of he pump and to which the tach cable connects. What does it do? Does this drive the hour meter? I didn't see a description in the manuals. It seems as if the drive end of this sensor just isn't long enough to properly engage the drive in the pump. I connected the tach cable directly to the pump, and the tach works great again. The drive portion of the cable goes much deeper in the pump.

Where is the best place to source a new tach cable and tach pulse sensor?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The pulse sender is only used to send to the STE/ICE diagnostic port. Unless you've got a STE/ICE diagnostic tool, there's really no reason to have the sender.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks