• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tach part question

shadowdd

When I first got my 923. The tach didn't work... I noticed it was disconnected on the engine side so I connected that back up. Still didn't work so I thought the cable was broken so I disconnected it from behind the tach and the cable was spinning fine. That is when I noticed the tach cable was actually screwed into an electronic sending unit and then passes into the tach. I took out this electronic "jumper unit" and screwed the tach cable straight to the tach and it works. In that small electronic unit there is a piece of key stock with a brass bushing in the middle that "connects" the tach cable to the tach and this piece is rounded off on one end. My question is what is that piece since it only has two wires coming from it and what function does it have. Should I even bother putting it back and replacing that key stock piece?

thanks,
Bryan

shadowdd

I THINK upon a little more research it is only used for diagnostics and if you don't have the diagnostic tester there is no need for it but I am still checking on it.

thanks,
Bryan

shadowdd

It's confirmed that it's te diagnostics pulse meter for the diagnostics on the engine. If you don't have the diagnostics tool you don't need it hooked up.

Thanks,

Bryan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks