• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tach sender

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
86humv
Sorry I'm confused. Are you saying That the 3k tach works with my sender?

Ken
No they don't
My guess, you need another type 3500 tach like # 5K1-03500-rpm-24-BA-W-00.
That one will work.
You can send me your parts and I'll test them, but diagram I posted is pretty simple bench test.

twisted60

how are you guys wiring these tachs I have no voltage at the senderwires????

I'd like to know that answer too, I just installed a new sender and get nothing on my meter (spun sender with drill, nothing...then installed on eng, nothing, yes eng tach drive is turning) went thru all settings on the dial of my meter. So tried original sender and nothing, so back to step 1. Going to pull tach out tomorrow and re-recheck all connections. 1 bad sender "ok" but a new one also bad.... Tach Jumps when I give it power but then back on zero before engine starts, maybe + / - backwards on tach ? I think I'll try a jumper from tach direct to battery's (known good power and wire, eliminate possible bad connection) then hook a drill to sender and spin it while it is connected to tach and see if I can get same results as 86humv.

Action

I don't have the tach sender on my motor, but would it need to be in the engine while spinning to send a ground signal to the guage? maybe you could attach a ground wire to the sender and use the drill on it?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a simple diagram on pg. 2....if not wired like that, it won't work....or you have the wrong, or bad tach or sender.

twisted60

I put a simple diagram on pg. 2....if not wired like that, it won't work....or you have the wrong, or bad tach or sender.
I followed the diagram to no avail. I tried 24v direct off batteries and signal via jumper cables. I tried swapping the signal leads still nothing, I tried a different sending unit and swapped leads nothing, so 2 bad sending units or bad tach ?
Tach jumps when power turned on then sits on 0.
Uggggg frustrating.

86 you have any tested working units (tach’s), if so please send me a pm with price.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Give me the part # on the white tag.
Should start with 5.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed that all the tach's with 5D1 did not work with Hmmwv sender...only Tach's starting with 5K1 work.

Action

Are all these tachs with the screw terminals on the back even made for the humvee? I don't see many threads about problems with the tach that has only one big connection.