• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tachometer box

ari

I just got this hmmwv tachometer box or so i think. Does anyone have some pics of where exactly it goes? IMAG0239 (1).jpg

BLK HMMWV

I think there were at least two different ones.
one mounted down near the dog house the other up above and to the left of the windshield wiper motor.

The one in my truck is the one above wiper motor .
The mount you have pictured doesn't look like the one I have.
Haven't really seen a close up of the dog house one so not sure if that's it.

ari

here are some other pics. If its a dog house mount one i will have some engineering to do to mount it elsewhere. got a radio tray and radio set up on it IMAG0241.jpgIMAG0240.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are on epay occasionally but come in a complete windshield tach kit and pretty proud of them.

I got a autometer 5204 black pod from where my son works at O'reilly and my thought is to hang it from the bottom of the top radio tray. I got the tach from trivjet? and it just has regular terminals so I was going to use a GM style quick disconnect wiring pigtail. Acquired the goodies but not installed yet.

ari

I got the tac I guess I will figure out something creative can't use my radio tray or dog house. Maby I will mod the box I got to go on the winshield frame.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are on epay occasionally but come in a complete windshield tach kit and pretty proud of them.

I got a autometer 5204 black pod from where my son works at O'reilly and my thought is to hang it from the bottom of the top radio tray. I got the tach from trivjet? and it just has regular terminals so I was going to use a GM style quick disconnect wiring pigtail. Acquired the goodies but not installed yet.

The cost of the kits on epay are the price of just the wiring harness if you had to buy it from my distributor.
The tach is also different then what's been being sold, by different I mean the connector, the ones in the WS kits have a single cannon plug, the ones for the engine cover are spade tip type connections.

ari

Well I hooked up the tac when i start the vehicle the needle jumps to abt 500 then falls back to 0 everything seems hooked up right wonder if its bad?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks