• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tachometer unit Chevy k30

Hello from Germany,
The repair of my K30 has progressed well. Many things had to be redone that were not seen at first, such as the transfer case, the free wheel hubs and the radiator.
The electrical system was redone, so now everything is controlled by relays.
Now I am thinking about installing a new digital instrument panel. Has anyone of you ever done this?
I have two questions:
1. where would you connect the tachometer on the military K30?
2. how is that with the fuel gauge must the transmitter in the tank also be converted?

Many greetings from Germany
Nico

Skinny

Most digital systems will either be programmable for empty and full values or they are set up for common sender sweeps.

Keith_J

Hello,
thank you for the answers.
With the connection to the alternator, it can only be the small pin where the diagnostic cable is connected. The cable between the thick black and thick red ( photo)?View attachment 853826
That is the connection. It is alternating current output, roughly 14.2 volts. The frequency varies with engine speed which is how it drives certain tachometers. Dakota Digital makes a converter module to drive other types of tachometer inputs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks