• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tag brackets

Michael

How are people mounting their tag?

I have about got my daily driver M1009 ready for the road but I haven't found a good place for the tag. While I was in Autozone, I was told that several people had been in recently buying tag light bulbs for their cars. Apparently the Mississippi Highway patrol had been on a kick writing tickets for no tag light. It was costing people about $150.00. I didn't see anything I liked at NAPA or Autozone.

For the M1010, I found a bracket that went behind the taillight. I don't remember where I bought it.

mangus580

Michael, when I got my M1009, the Forrestry Service had drilled 4 holes in the tailgate for 'zip' screws to hold the plate on. That is what I am using, and have a plate light that I will mount right above it (had it under a plate screw plugged into the trailer harness to pass inspection, took it off when I painted it.) A picture of the screw holes (before I painted) can be seen here.

mouse

i came up with one driving down the road,look at the back of mini vans or new suv .there is a molded light mount on them, it looks like a simple bolt on that can be painted to match,and would give a factory look.im just looking for a small one,most of them are long.

Michael

That is kind of what I had in mind but in a new aftermarket form and mounted were the Forrestry Service did. I can't seem to find one though.

mouse

i dont know where you would look for a after market one, bone yard for stock. i made a plate box so i can recess my plate back 1/2 inch out of 18g tin.then i will find a stock one