• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tail light issues on newly acquired m998

M1097A2NUT

Instead of throwing parts at it you need to take a multimeter and test for power at the connectors to the lamp assemblies. The running lights are directly powered from the 3 toggle switch assembly. If you don't have power before the lamp assembly go to the switch and test for power. If you have power there then you know the problem is in the wiring harness between the two. If no power coming out of the switch then replace the switch.

comanderfritz

Update. After throwing some parts at it because I was getting live wire readings and figured the issue was with the signal box. I got half the problems fixed. After replacing the blinker unit and switch unit under the dash the blinkers now work. I think the signal control was fine. But now I have a new one and a back up so now worries. Eliminated that uncertainty. Then LED left side would still not work what so ever. The right one still worked when it felt like it. So I said the **** with that I put in standard lights. LEDs arnt worth the trouble. Now both sides work and blink with blinker. Now I have one last problem. The left side rear light is much dimmer than the right. It does not blink in time, so when hazards are on one side blinks when the other cuts off and vise versa, sort of like police lights. And break lights still do not work. I believe it may be the break switch. Or could a bad ground or connection causing a the dim light be responsible for all the remaining issues?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks