• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tail light re-location

kaiser2help

Greetings all. Is there anyone who can post a picture of their rear end to display the more up to date mounting of their tail lights. My 5 ton is an M series and its a 1955 so the lights are just mounted underside the bed with cheesy mounting brackets. Just waiting for me to back up and catch something and break them. Pictures would be great and please no pictures of you hinies either. Just the back of the truck. Thanks FELLA'S, LOL.:wink:

Jones

This is how I mounted the lights on the back of the baby HEMTT. Seems to be how a lot of the tractors are set up.
One picture shows the bulb type rear lights and the other is the LED faceplates on low profile MWO kit brackets.

Attachments

bigelk50

Here is what I did. they were mounted this way when I got it as an M818. I put a dropside deuce bed on it and left them there, though I am thinking about moving them.

Attachments

dma251

Search my old posts - I posted some pics from when I converted my old style 5-ton bed to hold the taillights in the rear crosspanel like the newer ISO beds.

The trick I used was determining the shape of the egg-shaped cutout, and transfering it to a piece of 3/4 MDF particleboard. I then enlarged it by about a 1/2" around the edges, and used it as a guide for my plasmatorch.