• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tail lights with reverse lights built in

DLippert

Has any one used these lights? Are they made well? Blackouts on them functional? I’m in pa and need reverse lights. I’m trying to decide on the best option. Pic below

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you do a link instead of just a screenshot? There are both good and bad units that look very similar, so more info will give you better answers

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a couple of choices.

I just used a generic bumper mount bulb housing and installed a 24V led bulb. I had to install one of those reverse switches in the shifter as mine did not have one, and I had to run a wire to power it from the shifter.

I saw a post where another forum member did the same wiring, but used the black out markers on the rear as the reverse bulbs. I would have done that instead as it would have been easier, cheaper and a cleaner install but I did not think of it! Do'oh!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never heard of that site.

Their page has a bunch of chinese made parts in it, as well as images taken from other sites such as the windshield glass image from the AM general site, with being almost doubled in price. Another example is they have images of the Alpha Custom HMC4 hard top, some taken from ebay and others taken from the Predator website, with no mention of Predator anywhere, as well as selling it for $5 cheaper. I don't know if Predator has anyone they sell through in other states, but I would at least expect some type of mention of the manufacturer. There are other examples of this as well.

Pretty much every legit company at least puts a little info about who they are.

Also, the whois lookup turned up a canadian domain host with zero other information. Website domain was registered 1 year ago, so pretty new.

Not to mention everything is labeled in "USD" for pricing, which usually indicates it isn't really run in the U.S. as a U.S. site for the U.S. marked doesn't need to specify that everything is in U.S. Dollars

I'm not saying the website isn't legit, but I have doubts.

EDIT: corrected one brand name

Last edited:

DLippert

Good info I’ll stay away, I’ve been looking at that roof the hmc4 on alpha customs website and the pics are definitely the same on that goofy one. I didn’t see that roof on predators site.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good info I’ll stay away, I’ve been looking at that roof the hmc4 on alpha customs website and the pics are definitely the same on that goofy one. I didn’t see that roof on predators site.
my bad, yeah, it's alpha, not predator.

DLippert

You had me concerned, I just ordered a roof from them this mornin. I had to check predators website. I had some questions before I ordered it and Troy from alpha customs called me rite away. Very good customer service.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a couple of choices.

I just used a generic bumper mount bulb housing and installed a 24V led bulb. I had to install one of those reverse switches in the shifter as mine did not have one, and I had to run a wire to power it from the shifter.

I saw a post where another forum member did the same wiring, but used the black out markers on the rear as the reverse bulbs. I would have done that instead as it would have been easier, cheaper and a cleaner install but I did not think of it! Do'oh!
I think you may have been referring to post #7,302 in the following thread……

I used these bulbs and they provide plenty of illumination.

IMG_0117.jpeg

They are currently out of stock which has been quite common recently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks