• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tailgate Blues

biped

I bought the LMC replacement tailgate, the metal skin to replace the old rusted tailgate. The gate window raised and lowered just fine and the gate opened when glass was down. My body shop replaced the tailgate but did not re-install the guts correctly. Now my window is half way up and in a bind and can't open the gate. I left it with them but I really don't think they know what to do to fix it. Is there a step by step guide with pictures I can give to them? I suspect it may be for me, not them, as I may have to take the truck back "as is" if I want it before Christmas.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Biped

nyoffroad

Will the window go down if you 'help' it by pushing down on it? Is it straight and level or is onside stuck and one side moving?
If you get inside and remove the inner panel there is two rods that go out to the latches (one each side) if you reach in and pull on the you will release the gat BUT IF THE GLASS IS RAISED ENOUGH THAT'S IT'S IN THE TRACKS IN THE ROOF YOU WILL BREAK IT!

biped

I'm going to get it today. Some of the stuff done by body shop was good, some not. I wanted the camo just like original. When it was time to do the brown, they loaded the paint gun with the black. It will not look original as I'd hoped. Since it's goofed, I'll probably do the bumpers black now to match the wheels.

Thanks for your input. It will all become clear later today.

biped

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks