• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tailgate bumper

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure on that part number, but thank you for reminding me. I need to put some larger bumpers, on the outside. Maybe the ones from the front window to prevent my tailgate from hitting the pintle and putting another larger dent in the middle of it...

Ocho out

Carrera911

I honestly didn’t even realize they were supposed to have a pad there. Probably helps keep the tailgate from rattling and keep preload on the retaining hooks.

I’d just search adhesive rubber pad on amazon and find something that’ll work. These are supposedly 1/8” thick. Not sure how compressible they are but I imagine they need to compress to 1/8-3/16”.

SoftTouch Self-Stick Non-Slip Surface Grip Pads - (6 pieces), 1" x 4" Strip - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SL0KJC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WjxqEb530VTV6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmv4me

The part number is 12339961-2 . If your tailgate uses them, there will be 2 little holes in it that the rubber nipples seat in. Hummerpartsguy.com had them for $1.02 each. The M998 parts listing lists a different type of pad. Maybe my tailgate was swapped out at some point, who knows.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks