• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tailgate cables: Autozone sucks

Braunchitis

So I had a 4wheeler in the back of my M1009, and in the process of getting it out, one of the tailgate cables snapped. The other one looks like it wouldn't be far behind, so I decided to get new ones. I got some 1/4" cable with rubber coating for $.73/ft and then tried to find some of the end pieces (The thing that is clamped on both ends of the cable and has a little loop where the bolt goes through). When I couldn't find any, I decided I'd try Autozone and get the whole cable. They wanted $18 for something I should be able to make for less than $3 (if only I had the parts).

Does anyone have any suggestions for suitable replacements? I looked at some battery terminal connectors, but I don't think those would work.

Thanks

niferous

This is just an idea but you might try a wire rope shop. Tell them you want a 1/4 in rubber coated cable by however long it is with soft eyes. But then again it may pop off all the time without that clamp I'm not sure. If worse comes to worse there are a lot on google shopping has a bunch for less than $12.

LanceRobson

LMC Truck has them. LMCtruck.com

They have a book each for the Blazer and pick-up, just order the one you need. They've got all the floor pads, weatherstrips and other body parts, too.

Lance

Westech

CPL
Just because your cheap and you don't like the price does not mean they suck. I have got a lot of stuff from my 09 from them. But have that said I do shop around a LOT!

Braunchitis

They're $19 on LMC, more than Autozone, plus shipping.

I guess I could try a salvage yard, but I might not find ones in good condition there. Does anyone know what this thing might be called so I know what to ask for?

DEVO

Cheapest tailgate cables I could find for my Dodge pickup were at rockauto.com. $6 or $7 a piece! Maybe they have them for your unit...