• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tailgate crank assy for dummies!

HOWEY

Ok, bought all the bits i needed, just couldnt for the life of me figure out how it all went together??:roll:
Did a search but couldnt find the money shot of how that little spring and pawl fitted into the assembly??........... until eureka:jumpin:... hope this saves someone else sleepless nights[thumbzup]

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The black handle can be had on ebay. Just search for it.

We can mention ebay, we just can link any active auctions.

Thanks HOWEY for the headsup and the write up.

HOWEY

Take pics....

Your welcome guys.:jumpin:
If we could all spare some time to take a few pics of a little or a big fix it makes things a lot clearer[thumbzup]
Now on to the doghead mod, no pics needed for this one as its well documented....:deadhorse:

wrex

The black handle can be had on ebay. Just search for it.

We can mention ebay, we just can link any active auctions.

Thanks HOWEY for the headsup and the write up.
Crap. I'm only finding chrome ones. What keywords did you use to search for it?

wrex

I can't thank you enough for this. Made the job much easier. I'll post pics up later, of the actual removal and install of the handle/crank assembly, later.

:jumpin:

wrex

Yep, but sorry guys - I bought his last one...

He did say he may get more (wish I had bought a couple of spares while he had them)...

:-(
Oh haha! That was you! I keel you! lol.

Actually, he had just the part that goes under the outside handle and into the clutch where the lock goes into. Whatever that's called, so I got it for only $7.00 and used my existing handle :)

REDWOLF

This is probly a stupid qeston but it looks to me like you need to remove the window regulator to get to the studs that hold the crank handle on? I got my parts from LMC today and will be doing the work this weekend. Shur will be nice to have 3/50 ac unstead of 2/50:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks