• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tailgate Shipment Ideas?

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They should. Give them a call to find out for sure. I sent a Snap on box through them without a pallet, just boxed it well.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You mean the nuts and bolts place? Will take it just boxed not on a pallet?
Items can be shipped from one store to another at very reasonable rates, they call it Third-Party Logistics (3PL).

Items can be in a wood box/crate or strapped to a pallet. If your items are not stored inside a crate/box, they will not be insured against loss/damage.

Submit your online rate request, and it will be emailed to you a day later...fill in the highlighted sections, fax/email it back to the shipping manager, and you can either pay when you drop off or when you pick up.

This is my preferred method of freight shipping.

Access it through their main website (Fastenal.com), click on the "Services" tab at top right, scroll down and click on "Third Party Logistics (3PL)." Scroll to bottom of page and enter preliminary information, click on "NEXT" button and go from there. You will need to know which store you are dropping off at as well as which store will be delivered to (use "Find Store" function at top of page), as well as dimensions and weight of item(s) being shipped.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Items can be shipped from one store to another at very reasonable rates, they call it Third-Party Logistics (3PL).

Items can be in a wood box/crate or strapped to a pallet. If your items are not stored inside a crate/box, they will not be insured against loss/damage.

Submit your online rate request, and it will be emailed to you a day later...fill in the highlighted sections, fax/email it back to the shipping manager, and you can either pay when you drop off or when you pick up.

This is my preferred method of freight shipping.

Access it through their main website (Fastenal.com), click on the "Services" tab at top right, scroll down and click on "Third Party Logistics (3PL)." Scroll to bottom of page and enter preliminary information, click on "NEXT" button and go from there. You will need to know which store you are dropping off at as well as which store will be delivered to (use "Find Store" function at top of page), as well as dimensions and weight of item(s) being shipped.

I thought I was your preferred method of freight shipping. .. :)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never heard of using fastenal to ship, very interesting
We used Fastenal store-to-store shipping to get an engine (Deutz) and transmission from CA to OH and for 775lbs on a pallet it was $275.

No problems and I would recommend their service. It isn't overnight but SS members aren't known for wanting to spend a lot of money. ;-)

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will try them out, I am headed to Alaska in a few weeks but I don't think my wife would appreciate the tailgate sticking out the hatchback of our Crosstour for a drop off along the way!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used fastenal for shipping of Dodge tailgates. The guy who I bought it from strapped them to a pallet and used scrap cardboard to insulate the tailgate from the straps. It is preferred to be on a "fork-lift-able" setup, whether an actual pallet or simply on raised blocks.

I loved shipping Fastenal, the only issue was that the local one would close at 5pm, and I would have to get out of work (aka come in early or take a short lunch) and coordinate for the actual pickup.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I contacted Fastenal, they gave me a "No Quote" on the tailgate! Apparently their trucks are all full headed to Colorado, no room for my tailgate? I guess full of baggies and growth lights! Any other ideas?

gerrykan

Too late to help rumplecat, but I had an M715 fender sent via Greyhound bus.

I can't remember the exact cost, it was within reason, but not dirt cheap due to its size.

You also need to be located near a terminal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks