• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tailgate

NCINIRATOR

So the other day I am turning the key in the rear tailgate and I hear something metal fall inside the gate. I take the key out and the cylinder come out with the key!

I turn the handle and the window wont crank up or down, its stuck almost all the way up.

I have crap in there that is only going to come out the way it went in, ,thru the gate.

Is there anyway to get the crank off from the outside to get the window down to get my crap out? Ofcourse this happens 3 days before I move to my house. aua

mangus580

If you put the lock cylinder back in, and have it in the unlocked postition, I think you will find you can crank the window up/down.

How much stuff is in the back? can you get to the access panel on the inside of the tailgate?

How far down is the window? is it clear enough of the cap that you could either take the cap off, or carefully drop the tailgate with the glass up?

NCINIRATOR

The cylinder looks like its broken on the end. I tried putting it in and turining the key but it has no effect on the crank.

The window it more than 3/4 of the way up, and the stuff in the back is packed into those two huge sesame street bins, the kind they sell at walmart to put stuff in! Too big to take out the front doors and not enough room inside to reach the access panels.

I will try to open the tailgate, maybe I can shift the window to the left or right to get it around the top.

When I go past the house I`ll take pictures to post of the cylinder and crank ( if that helps). Will Update later this afternoon or evening.

Armada

Did all 1009's come with the locking tailgate? Mine is sans lock cylinder, there is just a 'socket' where one should be. What are the pieces needed to put one in. Of course the lock cylinder, any special parts inside?

NCINIRATOR

Update; havent done nothin'. Cant upload pictures becuase Comcast (my cable provider) can't seem to get my internet signal strong enough for me, and becuase I'm kinda in a rural place I get one bar on my Sprint wireless net card-so I can access the internet, but cant down/upload stuff...Makes me think of the carrot and the stick.

Someone on another forum advised to lift up the cap just enought so the tailgate window can clear the window channel. That I'll try later. God only knows how long its gonna take for me to unpack from the move.

mangus580

If you can get to the bolts.... go ahead, and unbolt the cap. 2 guys should be able to lift it clear of the window, 4 would work even better :)

NCINIRATOR

I managed to jam a flat tip srewdriver in the there and push the mechanism upwards, this let me crank the window down and up. Needle nose pliers wouldnt work.

Later next week I`ll check the local junkyard for tailgate parts, maybe I can get an assembly and just use the old lock cylinder.

mangus580

Which part is broken? The handle assembly on the outside? If thats all it is, honestly, I would just buy a new one from Saturn, as junkyard trucks are probably gonna have problems too. One of these days, I might buy one, just so I can have the complete crank on mine!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks