• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Taillight Harness Question

marks86

I just got finish putting a 1986 k10 Silverado fuse block in my 1985 m1028. I used the 86 k10 headlight and engine harness, but I kept the cucv taillight harness and Now my brake lights wont work. Does anyone have any experience with this. I do not have a k10 taillight harness or I would just use that, should I just bite the bullet and find one or will the cucv harness work

cucvrus

Wow you have mixed up a lot of stuff. I am surprised that anything works. I am not 100% positive but I wonder if the civilian fuse box connections are compatible with CUCV wiring harness that runs to the rear. Never thought of doing any of that to a CUCV. I just sold a complete under dash harness to a member. Not sure how to even begin to help you. And that is being positive.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to the back and unplug the rear harness. Use a test light to see if anything is making it back to the rear. Pinout of the harnesses may (likely) be different.