• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Taking LMTV home | 1200mi road trip TX to NC

Transmission control unit - these don't like voltage problems. Was your voltage actually high? My truck would go into over-voltage cut-off and on two or three occasions I got an over-voltage warning from my TCU as well. It's the first thing to complain. They are also one of the more problematic modules on these trucks - especially the older trucks. They don't like jump starts and bad/dead batteries or over-voltage conditions. Definitely the first computer item on the list that you should have a spare of. My truck (2008 A1R) already had a new TCU from the previous owner and I keep a spare on hand.

My OVCO adventure:

While driving at night, I noticed my lights would become bright for half a second or so every once in awhile. I tried to pay extra attention to the voltage gauge, and once saw the needle flick to 30v and then back down to 26v or so. It would do it perhaps once an hour ? Would do it on perfectly flat roads and bumpy.

Batteries are 2x new Group 24F. Voltage was between 12.6-12.8 on both of them with engine off for ~10hrs.

@InvictusDecretum Post 15. from Thurs... all the your pics are dead. If you uploaded them to here... hmmm??? not sure what is up.. If you linked to them.... works way better to just upload them to here then post them somewhere else then link em.
Oh wow, yeah. I uploaded them here same way I've done it on other forums. Not sure what happened but I will fix them !

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks