• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Taking my M-37 fishing

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mt step-son and son took my M37 fishing. They put our 14 foot rowboat in the back with motor and headed for the lake. They backed down to the water and did fine unloading the boat. When they returned, my step-son got the idea that this truck was waterproof, so he could back it right off the ramp into the water deep enough to float the boat right into the truck. Of course, the usual crowd was present. He backed it off the ramp into the lake, the rear water level at the tops of the bed racks. The rear wheels had dropped off the end of the condrete ramp about a foot down, so it was not going to come out well. He casually got out of the truck, pushed the boat back into the lake, and started the motor to run it up into the truck. He forgot he had loosened the motor clamps on the boat transom. The motor kicked off the rear, and all that saved it was the safety chain. He got it fished out of the water and with the oars, the boat up into the truck. He then got in the truck. When he opened the door, all of the miscellaneous stuff that collects on the floor boards floated out. He started it and with great confidence put it in 4x4 and started to drive out. He only spun the rear wheels, then realized he had forgotten to lock in the front hubs. He got out and found he could not lock in the left front hub because it was jammed against a post at the side of the ramp. He had to ask another guy with a 4x4 to pull him out. Needless to say I was a bit steamed at that stellar performance!!
Regards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks